lørdag 18. januar 2014

Worth mentioning about Domino Designer and SourceTree...

I have (as so many of you experts out there) jumped on the SourceTree bandwagon.

In the past I used Bitbucket and Mercurial directly from Domino Designer (DDE). This actually worked pretty good for me, so why change?

Well: I was of course fascinated by SourceTree's ability to help you with merging...


But my message today is not about merging, but to praise the extra control I felt when dealing with SourceTree!


When working with SourceTree there a big part of the application workspace is dedicated to showing you which files you have modified (see below).

When working with some changes to our (Inforte) system for time accounting, billing etc. I knew I had edited at least 5 files, but only 2 of them was shown as modified...

I tried to manually sync the ntf with the on disk project (ODP) several times. Nothing happened...


I checked the date stamp on the files that should have been modified in the ODP, but they all had old dates...

I almost panicked! (I guess the only reason for not doing so was because my kids had just gone to bed...)

When I came to my senses I restarted DDE and (of course) after having synced again all my modified files were available for commit. :-)


So; When in doubt, restart Domino Designer!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar